Super Cute Shaker Card Tutorial!

Hey everyone!

I am here to share a super cute Valentine's Day tutorial from our delightful design team member Jody Compton!  I am loving what she has created, without using a foam shaker card kit.  Jody, you may have inspired my valentines!


Hello, it’s Jody! I have a quick blog sharing how to make a shaker card! Now, I do not have a hand die-cut machine. So I thought surely my silhouette cameo can do the trick. And it did!  I love my Valentine's shaker card. I used the adorable Pebbles Inc. Loves Me collection.


I first picked my papers, one for the base of the shaker, a plain cardstock for the pile of hearts and one for the final heart on top. I picked a simple heart shape and cut it out 9 times. I then carefully glued all those layer by layer.  I tried so hard to wait for all the glue to dry before adding another layer. I grabbed some old packaging and trimmed it to a heart. I glued the pile of hearts to the base, again waited for it to dry. Then added sequins, so sparkly! I carefully glued down the plastic heart then glued down the final heart layer! I finished the inside with a few embellishments from the collection. So quick and fun. I hope this gives you inspiration to try a shaker card.


Seriously, how cute is this!?! The Pebbles Love Me line is currently at the store and waiting for you to take home to make this adorable card! Jody is full of amazing scrap inspiration. You can find her on Instagram at the Floppy Eared Farm! Go give her a follow and check out some of her other amazing work.

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts