Summer Time!

Happy Last Day of School to our Knox County friends!  May the day be short and your summer fun be long!

Anyone doing a little traveling this summer?  Or some spectacular staycationing?  I always felt like summer time was a giant vacation - whether home or away - because I was out of my routine!  My mom had some summer vacation rules and one of them was to journal everyday.  I now see that this was a ploy to get us to practice writing, but that is neither here or there.  Also, when we went on vacation, my brother and I always had to journal about our day and memories.  Looking back, it is such a wonderful memento of our travels.  Sorry Anderson, you definitely have to do this!

I created my own travelers journal for our family vacation last fall and have been thinking about what a wonderful (and affordable) way to create a journal for kids!  I wanted to share the tutorial that I found (and it totally older kid friendly) to create some journals for your summer!  These are great blank canvases for summer or traveling journaling!

So grab your favorite piece of patterned paper and I put some plain cardstock on the inside... secured in with a little bakers twine and a hole punch!

What do you want to use your journals for?  Come grab some paper to create these adorable journals and get started on some amazing travelers notebooks!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts