Color Inspiration!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Today is rather dreary in my neck of the woods and I am looking for something perky and positive to cheer me up!  I wanted to share with you my new favorite way to grab some color inspiration for all kinds of projects - coloring, scrapbook, or a little copics blending! 

Did you know that on Pinterest, you can find color palates based on some AMAZING images?  Check these beauties out!






First, I love these images - I may be indoorsy, but I love a good nature photo!  And, I love that the colors are already pulled from them to use on my own with my colored pencils or blend into my copics! 

Plus, I think it reminds me of some unique color combinations that I sometimes forget about - it is really easy to fall into the pattern of using the same two or three colors all the time.  For me, this is evidenced by the fact that about 5 of my colored pencils are half the height of the rest of them!   I keep thinking about the last mustard and teal combination in some floral stamps and dies would be *stunning*!

You can find the specific colors by hex number by using a Hex Code finder website, if you have to have the exact specs too! 

If you search for color inspiration or color palates on Pinterest, you will get TONS of goodies - including paint swatches for your favorite styles too.  I have at least one Magnolia-inspired farm house paint chip swatch saved on my Color Inspiration board, as well as my home decor board!  Plus, I find this to be some very relaxing pinning!

Now, go get crafty (and pin those palates!)
Lesley


Comments

Popular Posts