Jody's Expert Advice!

I am so excited to have Jody share some of her amazing ink techniques on the blog today!  I love watching Jody craft and she seems like a super expert when it comes to all things ink.  So, buckle your seatbelts and let's get ready to learn!  Take it away Jody!


Hey, it's Jody 😊 I thought I'd share my love for Tim Holtz’ Distress Oxide Inks. I find myself reaching for these more and more for just about everything crafty!

I made a color wheel with only 3 colors (Fossilized Amber, Mermaid Lagoon and Fire Brick) So cool right? Look at all the color combos you can make with just 3 inks.



The smaller color wheel was made with Squeezed Lemonade, Candied Apple and Mermaid Lagoon!



The point is, do not be intimidated by these inks! You can use them in so many ways. Use them as watercolors, smear some ink down, give it a spritz of water and get painting. Use them for a scrapbook or card background (my favorite way)! Get an old piece of packaging, smear some down, add water then smooch it right on the paper! And don't forget you can blend these beautifully. Use the foam ink tool, dab it on the ink and get to blending! You can ink the edges of projects for a distress look or for a more finished look!

These are an investment so pick your colors wisely 😉 Who am I kidding, yes, get them all! Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun! It's just color and paper!


Thank you Jody!  This is amazing and I am so inspired to give it a try!  Jody's ink blended circles are available to peek at in the store now!  Everyone leave Jody a little love - thanks for sharing your secrets on the blog!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts