Washi Tape Confessionals

My name is Lesley and I have a serious problem!  I love a good roll of washi tape and there aren't many I have said no to.  My stash is large and in charge.  One of the best parts of washi tape is that it is a great deal... just a few dollars for a bunch of tape.  However, that also means that you hardly ever finish a roll and the stash just keeps accumulating.  (Editor's Note: I would like to say that I did finish a roll, one time)

So, today, I wanted to share with you some research I had conducted on the best ways to use washi in your life, not just your scrapbook!  I feel that the more you use, the more you can buy!  There is always awesome new tape out there calling my name!

So, without any further ado... 12 ways to use washi!

1 ) Planners - highlighting a big section or event that goes for days??? Washi it up!

2) Highlighter - you can get little skinny washi tape now that works great as a highlighter in your planner, books, or bible!

3) Identify cords - I wrap a little bit around my phone charger so that I don't have to fumble for it next to the bed.  Also, this is great for when I take it someplace and I am not sure which cord belongs to who when I pack up.

4) Identify pens - I put a little piece of washi tape around my old lettering pens when they are dying.  I know which pens are great for using on any old surface and they are easy to see in my pencil pouch.

5) Gift tags - a little washi on a piece of cardstock and you look so fancy!!!! Extra points if you use it vertically and draw a little wick on top to be a candle!

6) Kid play - Does anyone else's kid LOVE tape??? My son loves to rip it off and wear it around the house and there is nothing better than a little washi!

7) Personalize your keys - you can fussy cut your washi tape into the inset portion of your house keys to make a cute look.  Plus, you know exactly which key is which without having to label it!

8) DIY Stickers - check this tutorial right here!

9) Extra envelope seals - grab some seasonal washi and lay it across the back of an envelope!  It dresses it up in a super easy fun way!

10) Race car roads - Again, this may just apply to me, but it is great to lay down on the floor temporarily to make roads for Matchbox cars, trains, and diggers! 

11) Holding Down the Die - Need to make sure your die stays still in your die cutter??? Grab a little bit of washi tape and stick that sucker in place.  It is super gentle when you pull it up too! 

12) Binder Clip Personalization - Turn those ugly black necessities into something amazing! 

What is your favorite way to use washi?  Tell us in the comments or on our Facebook and Instagram page!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts