To December Daily or Not?

Happy Thursday everyone!

Can you believe that August is almost over?  I feel like this year is totally flying by and I can't believe that I am typing these words on the blog!  Do you all December Daily? 

If you don't know what I am talking about, it goes like this... for the month of December(ish)... or Thanksgiving to New Year's(ish) you create a minialbum to celebrate this time of year!  You can use a kit - there's lots of different ones available - or grab a paper line and create your own! 

I have done one for the last two years and I can tell you that I really like doing mine - and why!

1) It is nice to have all of Christmas "scrapbooked" and finished in January!  I usually take a day in January to assemble it and then I am done. 
2) I have little people so Christmas could take a huge chunk of my regular album.  Now, I just drop a few highlights in the family album and we have a Christmas specific album! 
3) With just a few pictures and "memorabilia" pieces, it is an achievable amount of work to finish!  I am *ahem* quite far behind on my scrapbooking and this does feel like an achievable goal.

If you want to see one, this is a walk-through of my album from last year

There are lots of kits available - Ali Edwards and Studio Calico usually release a kit in early fall and Elle's Studio just dropped their kit too!  We have lots of Christmas lines headed in to the store as well, so you can grab any of our lines and create your own mini (or major) album! 

Are you planning on creating one?  Let us know in the comments here or on Facebook!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts