It's Almost Retreat Time!

Happy Friday friends!

It has been a busy week of new releases and more!  I don't know about you all, but I am loving all the new things headed into the store - and I am not sure how my wallet is going to feel about that!

But, I am super excited because we are TWO weeks away from our fabulous Paris retreat!  We are back at the Embassy Suites, which was an amazing host last time!  All the ladies at the store are scurrying around setting up those last minute details, so it is time for the rest of us to start packing! 

First order of business, if you want a t-shirt, please choose ONE way to tell us - Facebook comment, email, or phone call to the store - to tell us your size.  It will be added to your retreat tab.  They are really cute and feature the Eiffel Tower!

Next up, I am sharing my "world famous" packing list!  This is my list of tried and true suggestions.  I think it is a great starting place for packing your goodies!

Retreat Packing List - Scrapbook Things
o Paper trimmer
o Scissors
o Adhesive tape AND liquid glue
o Journaling pens
o Project kits
o Thickers!
o Embellishments
o Paper lines (stored in class bags!)
o Stamps
o Dies and inks
o PICTURES!
o Cricut or Silhouette
o Cutting mat
o Ottlite or small table lamp
o Power strip
o Selphy printer
o Trash container
o Album and page protectors – a place for those finished layouts


Retreat Packing List - Non-Scrapbook Things
o Tissues
o Blanket or jacket
o PJ’s
o Flipflops or slide-on shoes
o Slippers
o A wide variety of snacks
o Nail clippers or file
o Checkbook
o Lunchbox to keep drinks cold
o iPad/Laptop/Tablet AND headphones
I highly recommend packing for a variety of weather!  Sometimes, ballrooms are really cold, sometimes they are super hot.  I don't know about you, but I have a hard time working if I am on either end of the temperature spectrum. So, plan ahead and tuck a jacket and a short sleeved tshirt in there.  Also, because it is such a large group, we do ask that you wear headphones while watching that Tim Holtz tutorial or latest season of This is Us!


I also like bringing a little shelf to prop my laptop or my Cameo up on so I still have table space underneath for storage.  You can get an under the sink shelf from the "applicance" aisle at Kroger or Target.  

A few notes from the Embassy Suites last time, I found the ballroom a pretty comfortable temperature.  However, the bathroom is a little bit of a walk.  Make sure you have shoes that are easy to roll across the hotel!  If you are staying at the hotel, you can plan on breakfast there (so good!!!) and last time there was happy hour with drinks and snacks.  

We are super excited to have you join us - if you have a question, feel free to call the store or drop us a message and we will be happy to help you!

Now, go get crafty (and packing!!!)
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts