Scrap Storage Tips

I read this article from Simple Scrapper on how to keep your scrapbook workspace neat and clean.  At first, I chuckled, and then I began to think a little more seriously about it!  I wanted to share my favorite organization tips for keeping a scrapbook and creative space a little bit neater.  Now, sidenote, if you saw my desk right now, you would be laughing at me - but I did spend a few minutes cleaning up my space... before I took these pictures!  Keep scrolling for the goodies!


1) Everything has a place!
Give it a home, or it will just sit around.  I use big plastic storage bins and my traveling scrapbook totebags.  I sort all my paper and related embellishments into large plastic bags - we have them at the store for 15 cents.  I buy one every time I buy a line and just sort my new purchases into the bags.  No brown bag to throw away, new line already safe!


2) Start with a clean workspace
My mom always said "start with a clear work space" - I heard this a lot growing up and I hate (really hate) saying that it is true.  Clean it up before you start to give yourself room to work on whatever you are doing. 

3) Purge annually!
Got a small mountain of scrapbook stuff?  As you work through it when scrapbooking and at least once a year, pull out what you don't use and don't like to put in a yard sale box.  Then, price it up and bring it by!  Tonya is setting up for our yard sale and sorting through all the amazing goodies you guys have brought in.  The yard sale is a great way to get rid of your extras and get a little cash for your wish list!


4) Will you really use that?
I find that the *majority* of my decluttering happens before I bring anything home.  When I pick the scrapbook supply up, I really ask myself if I will use it?  Is it my style?  Is this tool something I will use?  When I started scrapbooking, I hoarded all the things to make sure I had something to use.  As I have been scrapping longer, I no longer need to have all the things - I try to shop smarter, not harder. 

Whether you have 500 square feet or a 500 pound tote bag with the stuff you use all the time, keeping these few tips in mind you can spend a little more time creating and a little less time looking frantically for your scissors (or is it just me...)  And to keep it real, here is a little shot of what I am working with!



My son has a playdate today, so the goal is to get it a little bit neater 😲😲😲

Now, go get crafty!  Don't forget that yard sale drop off is going on right now!!!
Lesley

Comments

  1. That’s a nice little desk you have there. My room is currently under construction and is a nightmare. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts