A B C!

Are you ready to learn your ABC's... April Brings Challenges?  (You like what I did there?!?)

Anyways, one of my favorite things that happen in April are all the challenges that pop up to stretch your creativity in the spring!  I want to share three things that are going on right now that I love and am hoping to participate in!

First up, a scrappbooking Challenge!  Shimelle hosts a 30 day challenge each April.  It is called "Scrapbooking is my Superpower" (which I feel like really speaks to all of us scrappers)!  Every day, she is featuring a theme or embellishment to use into a scrapbook layout.  It should be no surprise to you all that I am a HUGE fan of Shimelle, but I love how she incorporates the themes in little tiny ways into her layouts.  You can find more information here on her Instagram account!


Next up, a lettering challenge!  This is the first time I have stumbled across this challenge, but each spring there is a 30 Days of Bible Lettering challenge.  Each day has an assigned verse and you hand letter all or part of it - any style, any translation!  I love that is helps push me into lettering and bible journaling at one time.  The list of prompts is below and you can find all kinds of inspiration at #30daysofbiblejournaling.  They feature artists everyday on their page which is found right here!

On a related note, I have seen a ton of bible journalers using the brand new Shanna Noel book - 100 Days of Bible Promises.  While I haven't put my fingers on it, everything I have seen looks incredible and like it is stuffed full of delightful devotionals!


The last one I wanted to share with you guys is the 100 Days Challenge! It kicks off every spring and is a great way to develop some new skills.  Each year, you pick a habit, a challenge, or a skill, and practice it every day for 100 days - all while documenting it on your social media.  You can letter or bible journal, knit, scrapbook, exercise - anything you want!  There is a lot more information (and some amazing examples) at #100dayschallenge! 

I love a monthly challenge - even if I don't participate every day.  It is a great way to have a little structured creativity, a plan when I get a few creative minutes, and something fun!  Plus, even participating one or two days makes an amazing difference! 

I have been working on the 30 days of bible journaling and will share my work with you guys at the end of the month!

Now, go get crafty - for 30 days at a time!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts