Pinner's Recap!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I wanted to share my experience at Pinner's with you - along with some first-timer's tips, recommendations, and more! 



First of all, go with a friend!  I had one day on my own and one day with a friend.  It was nice to be able to chat with someone as I walked through the show floor to look at the booths with.  Plus, there were times that we divided and conquered on class sessions.  We did a few classes together, but it was nice to be able to explore our options. 


Second, if there is something you are dying to do, PRE-REGISTER AND PRE-PAY!  While you don't have to pre-register for anything (and I didn't), there were a few things I was bummed that I missed out on - specifically Home Depot's free wall hanging chalkboard.  You can always walk up, but the walk up spots (especially for big things like this) are pretty slim.  If you can pre-pay, do it.  It is so nice to walk up and grab your kit and not have to slowly wait for credit cards to process.  You know how slow that can be - especially times 75 people in front of you.  (Side note - if you really want to do it, go stand in the stand-by line!  I got in every class that I wanted to take - I never tried for Home Depot)





Third - try something new!  I took a few classes on things that were brand new to me - like building a charcuterie board - and it was nice to learn something new for an hour.  Plus, food classes have samples, so you are welcome. 

Fourth - balance and budget!  Walk in with a budget and make sure you leave wiggle room for shopping and make and takes.  I did a little bit of early Christmas shopping (yessss) and got some new things for my craft room.  Make and takes range in price from $3 to $20, so make sure you leave a little room in your budget.  There were lots of free classes to enjoy!  The tile about was a free project at the Home Depot booth.  And, you can also take any class without the kit and just watch, however, I think the best way to learn is by doing and it makes sense to learn and try under expert supervision! 

Fifth, enjoy it!  I had so much fun and loved every minute of it! 

I loved getting to see so many crafters and projects.  And, holy wood crafts batman!  If you wanted to create a finished wood project from raw materials, this was your place to be :)  It was like Magnolia heaven!  On a side note, I also LOVED teaching and was so excited to see so many people in my class!  I know that Sara's awesome class was amazing too - I didn't get to pop my head in because I was setting up, but I heard some amazing things!
Now, go get crafty (and mark your calendar for future Pinners!!)
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts