Easter Eggs!

Hey everyone! 

We have almost made it to Easter weekend!  I am so ready to get to the weekend - today is a preschool egg hunt and a treat to take to school for my little one and company arrives tomorrow!  I know I have said it before, but Easter is my most favorite holiday.  I love everything about it - the food, the meaning, the celebration, the new outfits, the traditions. 

My favorite tradition is decorating Easter eggs.  And, if you expected anything less, we have a very competitive family with an extremely competitive egg decorating contest.  There are very strict rules, contest entry requirements, and one year, we had a voting scandal (seriously, we did).  A quick overview, everyone gets the same kit - you can use anything in the kit and a black sharpie; no other supplies are permitted.  You must submit a picture to my dad by 6pm on Saturday, a voting ballot is sent in and you get two votes for any eggs.  Votes are due by noon on Sunday and a winner is announced.  It is highly competitive and a great honor to win - it took 10 years for my husband to win... He might still be a touch bitter.

But, if you aren't into competitive and highly regulated egg decorating, here are some awesome techniques I found on Pinterest to decorate your eggs!

Who doesn't love Rae Dunn?

Napkins and Gesso!  WHAT!

Scrapbook paper and fabric scraps

Rubber Cement!!!

You could do this with vinyl cutouts or masking fluid!  

Cool Whip

Rice and food coloring!

I love that most of these techniques use things you probably already have lurking around your house.  Repurposing materials is so awesome and I love getting to use my stash in ways to celebrate all kinds of family memories.  OH!  And how about an awesome scrapbook page about your egg created wtih a corresponding piece of paper.  YES PLEASE!

We would love to see your Easter eggs!  Share them with us on Facebook or Instagram!
Now, go get crafty!
Lesley


Comments

Popular Posts