A Quick and Easy Guide to Fancy Card Addressing!

Is anyone wading through the process of Christmas cards?  I feel like I am up to my ears in addresses and stamps!  I love the photocards we made this year, but I always want to add a little personal touch to my cards.  I decided to put my hand lettering to work and get started cranking out some adorable envelopes! 


At first, it seemed really daunting, but I have a few tips that will make your addressing adventure WAY easier!  Gather a pen, a light source, and your envelopes and let's get started!

Step 1: Trace It!
This trick is essential, especially for return addresses that are the same, every single time!  Copy your return until it is just right - I do this with tracing paper.  When you have it just how you like it, use a light pad, like the Cutterpillar Glo or your iPad with a lighting app, to copy  your sample right onto your envelope!  It works like a charm!  I prefer using a light pad, because it is a little bigger and doesn't slide on my table, but this is a make it work moment!




Step 2: Use your Cricut, Cameo, or Die Cut Machine
I love incorporating a banner or flag on the card!  Instead of free-handing (!) all of your cards, cut one out on your die cut machine and trace it onto your envelopes.  No one can tell and they all look even!  If you wanted to cut one out of each envelope, that works too!  Just make sure it is really well glued down at the corners so it doesn't get stuck in the automated mail sorter at the post office!   Below, is an after shot with a traced banner!  Seriously, so cute! 


Step 3: Alternate It!
One of my favorite and easiest tricks to make your cards look awesome is to alternate a print and script font.  Do a line of each and it makes it look like your handwriting portfolio is way more diverse. 

I used my Tombow Fudensuke Pen with a hard nib and my Tombow Monotwin pen to do my lettering!  I loved how they turned out and I can't wait for people to get them in the mail!  If you want to learn more about lettering, I will be teaching a class on January 8th at 6pm so pencil it on your calendar!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley


Comments

Popular Posts