Yard Sale Time!

 Happy Monday everyone! 

I hope you had a great weekend!  Ours was super busy!  If you missed the big announcement this weekend, I can't wait to share it with you!  

We are so excited to be bringing back our favorite Spring Cleaning event - the Yard Sale!  It's a great time to clear out the old stuff in your craft closet to make room for the spring releases!  The cost to particpate is $10 and that includes our yard sale pricing tickets.  

Drop off starts March 29 and runs until April 3rd!  This is a hard cut off for drop offs.  We need that day to sort all the items you all deliver - and it is a ton!  The sale starts April 5th and will be all weekend long - including some half price days! You can catch all the details and information here at this link.  Your consignor number stays the same and feel free to call the store if you need a confimation of yours.  

Sara has all the details at the link above, so I want to share my tried and true Yard Sale tips! 

  •  The biggest thing is keeping a yard sale box.  I keep a little box in the corner of my closet or craft room and every time I see something I don't want anymore, I go ahead and toss it in.  Then, come yard sale season, I already have a jump on sorting.  I do go through my paper and embellishment stashes and make sure that I really love everything that I have and if I don't love it, out it goes!  There are too many amazing new things coming :) 
  • Price it to go!  I think this is the hardest part, but if you are ready to part with it - price it so it doesn't come back!  It's a yard sale and prices should reflect that!
  • If you have items that have not sold in a few yard sales, go ahead and donate that!  We take things to KARM, but you can also drop it off at Teacher Supply Depot (in Cedar Bluff school) for use by teachers!  
  • Use packing tape and plastic bags! We can't sell anything without a sticker on it and don't want anything to get lost. I *highly* recommend packaging large items, like paper lines, in a class bag and using packing tape to stick that tag on. Smaller items do really well in sandwich or quart sized bags and you can tape right on there too! Make sure that you are writing legibly too!
  • Follow the rules and mark your calendar!  If you are going to particpate, start by writing all the dates in now.  Don't miss a deadline and not get to participate.  Also, make sure you read through all the instructions and follow the store directions.  We have so many items and consignors that it has to be consistent!  The store is not responsible for items that get lost because they are not properly labeled!  
    • March 29-April 3 - Drop off
    • April 5-7 - Sale Days
    • April 8 - Gift Card Payments Ready
    • April 8-13th - Pick up unsold items
    • Anything left after April 13th will be donated!  
  • Go through everything twice.  I recommend flipping through your stash with a critical eye now... and again in two weeks.  Once you have had a chance to look through it a few times, sit down and price at one time.  It's a great time for a Netflix movie marathon with some pricing tags! 
  • If you have a question - ASK!  Call the store or chat with an experienced consignor! 

Now, go get crafting and yard sale prepping!
Lesley


Comments

Popular Posts