Creativity Kickstarters!

 Happy Friday everyone! 

I am so glad that the weekend is almost here and I am so excited to get a bit of time to myself to do some crafting this weekend. 

The past few times I have sat down to do some creating, I have been stuck - I think it is everything else on my mind at the moment, so I have a few of my favorite creativity kickstarters to share with you.  Hopefully you don't need them, but if you do, here is a great starting place this weekend! 

1)     Use a Kit! 

Grab a page kit from Simple Stories or one of our older Scrap Club kits.  Sometimes, following along to someone else's directions gets the blood flowing to the creative space in your brain!  You can find some old Scrap Club kits right here!

2)    Reverse Coloring! 

This is one of my favorite things, especially if you have old stamp papers, water colored pages, or mixed media laying around.  You take the colorful pages and draw the shapes in.  You can use the lines created by the colors to make abstract shapes or fill it in with simple drawings, like florals!  There are Reverse Coloring Books, but you can definitely use some of your own materials.


3)    Watch a Tutorial!   

Paige Evans has started a Make With Me Monday and I know that Shimelle has several too!  Most of your favorite crafters have a You Tube or Instagram channel that you can either watch them or create with them!  (This is what I am doing this weekend!!)  We also have Jenn's Live Stream from the past week that you can watch at this link right here!

4)     Find a boring craft task

No time like this to fussy cut a million leaves or butterflies from a paper.  Hand stitch a jillion stitches.  Draw little tiny lines into a journal page.  Sometimes the repetition is good for starting a blank slate!  One of my favorite people who scraps with ridiculous fussy details is Alison Davis.  She is a recent find for me and the stitching is just sooo good and so darn detailed.  You can find her Instagram right here!  

5)     Get Organized! 

Nothing quite like cleaning out the closets to find all the things you wanted to play with and uncover those projects that are halfway done!  Plus, you can get prepped for our Yard Sale coming up in just a few weeks.  Follow this link right here to get more information about the Yard Sale!  And, this link takes you to my hot tips about the Yard Sale.  

Now, go get crafty and try something new!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts