New Scissors, New Life!

 Happy Monday friends! 

I hope you guys had a great weekend!  I am so excited to share that I actually got to work on my crafting goals this past weekend!  I signed up, and started, a Paige Pals class with a Shimelle line that I love, but have had the hardest time using.  I am often guilty of signing up for classes and not following through, but I am so excited to start this one.  

One of the layouts we are completing has a *ton* of fussy cutting, which typically is not my favorite thing.  I am not a great cutter and often really struggle with neat fussy cutting.  I can't cut in a straight line or hold my scissors corrently (much to my preschool teacher mother's dismay).  Anyways, I got better when I bought some red handled Tim Holtz scissors years ago.  I have loved those scissors and put a zillion miles on them.  And, they have been my workhorse scissors for eight or nine years.  At the last crop, I noticed they were starting to show their age and I had a hard time with some of my tiny delicate cutting, so I bought a new pair....

And, holy smokes you guys!  It has made a ton of difference!  My cutting is straight and on the line.  They are so smooth and the cuts just glide easily.  My lines are smooth.  And I really love fussy cutting now.   Like really love it.  I spent Sunday looking for papers to cut, just because!  It has made all the difference in the world.  So, this is my public service announcement, if you can't remember how old your scissors are... it's time for a new pair!  

I purchased these cute little yellow and black Cutter Bees!  


They are perfect for tiny, delicate work!  I still use my red Tim Holtz scissors for other things! We have a TON of different types and styles of scissors in the store if it is time for an update for you!  You can find all our scissors at this link right here!

You never know... a new pair might change your life - or your scrapbook pages!  

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts