It's Almost Retreat Time!

 Happy Monday everyone! 

I hope that you guys had a great weekend and stayed a little bit warm!  I can't believe that we are a 12 days away from our next big Embassy Suites retreat!  I can't believe that it is right around the corner.  It's about time to start thinking about packing your bags and planning your projects.  

Today, I am going to share my packing list!  This is what I use every single time I pack, even though I have done it so many times.  It helps me keep track of what is what and make sure I don't end up at the retreat without something silly, like a paper trimmer (... because it definitely has happened)!  

Retreat Packing List - Scrapbook Things

o Paper trimmer (extra blades too!)
o Scissors
o Adhesive tape AND liquid glue
o Journaling pens
o Project kits
o Thickers!
o Embellishments
o Paper lines (stored in class bags!)
o Stamps
o Dies and inks
o PICTURES!
o Cricut or Silhouette
o Cutting mat
o Ottlite or small table lamp
o Power strip
o Selphy printer
o Trash container
o Album and page protectors – a place for those finished layouts
o Small Desk Shelf


Retreat Packing List - Non-Scrapbook Things
o Blanket or jacket
o PJ’s
o Flipflops or slide-on shoes
o Slippers
o Tissues
o Nail clippers or file
o A wide variety of snacks
o Checkbook
o Lunchbox to keep drinks cold
o iPad/Laptop/Tablet AND headphones

A few notes - every table has power, so feel free to bring those electronics!  I recommend pulling your own power strip from the main one so you don't have to play plug Jenga.  Also, dress for all kinds of weather.  It may be cold outside, but that can mean the heat is up in the ballroom, or sometimes its still drafty.  If you are temperature sensitive, dress in layers!  I was so glad to have a lap blanket last time, even in August.  

And, please be sure to bring headphones if you might listen to a tutorial or binge the latest season of Bake Off.  It helps you hear what you are listening to and keeps the overall noise level at a reasonable level!  

If you haven't joined the Facebook group yet, please do so!  Emails and announcements there will be coming in the next few weeks about t-shirts, schedules, classes, challenges, and more!   

I'll be sharing some tips for packing specific projects this week!  

Now, go get packing!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts