Scrapbooking Challenge for 2020!

Hey ladies!

Happy Friday!  We are recovering from the papercuts of inventory and glad it is over!  What do you all think of our big Wednesday announcement?!?  Lots of excited reactions, definitely including my own!  It has been a long time since we have had a scrapper come teach classes and I think these spots will fly out the door!

I have been thinking about how I am going to be documenting my year this year... I don't have as much scrapping time as I like, without the monthly crops AND a new baby, my schedule isn't as regular.  I love scrapping my kids, but I want to do something just for myself.  So, this year, I am challenging myself to make a mini travelers notebook of things that I did for me! 

I have been brainstorming what I want to document - new recipes I tried, cute outfits, ladies nights, books I have read, days my house was clean (ha!) - and I think I have settled on a mini album of books!  I am a pretty consistent reader and I think having a notebook will definitely help.  My goal is to write a little blurb or maybe a note with a star rating and a picture of the title.  My mom keeps a list of books she has read for the past 10 (?) years and it is incredible!  I usually snap a picture of the title and add it to my Instagram, but a little paper book might be a nice change of pace.  So, I am thinking about how I will go about it and wanted to share some ideas I found. 



I think I am going to print out the pictures of the books (I am a visual learner and the titles help jog my memory of the details) and glue them in like postage stamps. Plus, I can keep my to read list in the back to help me as I wander around the library to look for something special to read!

If you wanted to do recipes to log, I was thinking about how cute (and easy) it would be to draw circles for plates to record the new dishes you tried. One year, for our New Year's Resolution, Brad and I tried a new vegetable every week.  We made it to August, when I went back to the beginning of a school year and it was really fun.  And, we tried some weird stuff!  But, it would be fun and easy to document and a greay way to have a little resolution documenting! 

So, I share this project with you all and in December you can remind me to show you the final project!  What do you all think you want to document this year to share something memorable from 2020?  Let us know in the Facebook comments!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts