Bible Journaling Next Week!

I am so excited to be packing my bags and headed back to Knoxville to teach another Bible Journaling class next week!  I have been digging into some new tips and tricks to making your pages awesome!
An example of last month's technique!

First off, we are going to be hosting a Napkin Swap!  If you joined us last time, we used colorful cocktail/fancy napkins to add into our bibles for illustration using Dina Wakely's clear gesso and it turned out AMAZING!  After a (short) discussion, we decided to hold our own swap this month.  If you get a moment to search for a napkin to share, bring them to the class and we will share the wealth.  I have had a lot of luck finding napkins at Dollar Tree and Tuesday Morning.  I can't wait to see what everyone has found!

Then, we are going to talk about adding extra pages, pockets, and flaps!  I love the idea of adding new pages to my bible, as inspiration, a reminder of what I have been thinking about, or a place to add a little hymn-spiration.


 I also love using old Project Life style cards to add to my bible.  I always have more than I can use (and they are so common in paper lines too) and adding them can really emphasize what I have on the page.  Sometimes, I use them to cover my journaling, especially if it is really personal and I don't want to share it with anyone who might just flip through my book!  With the flaps, I have been including pockets!  I love this for tiny trinkets from church, memorial cards, and little notes.  I saw a thankful activity with a small pocket that I am dying to try out as well!



We will also make a gratitude mini book (glue free AND staple free - it is paper magic!) to stick in the back of our bibles to keep track of prayer requests and blessings - perfect for this time of year! 



I can't wait to see you all next Tuesday evening at 6pm!  If you haven't signed up, click this link to get your name on the list!  If you have never done this before or you aren't sure what bible journaling is all about, come check it out!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts