One Little Worders... February Edition!

Hi Guys!

I wanted to check in and see how many of you all have finished your February One Little Word challenge... I am just now getting to mine and finished my vision board!  I feel like my word, brave, was giving me such a challenge to define in pictures it was slowing me down at the start.

I decided to create my vision board inside my album because hanging things on my wall is always a challenge and I wanted to be finished!  So, I created a fold out layout for my 6x8 album by using two sheets of cardstock that I washi taped together to create a folding page.

And then, I hit a small stack of magazines to create my work.  This was the most challenging part, being that most periodicals in my house are either Highlights or Ranger Rick Junior - and those don't really have the feeling that I was looking for!  I ended up using a Southwest airplane magazine from 2006 (!), a science magazine, one Good Housekeeping, and a MOPS periodical that was hanging around the house.  It was quite a hodge-podge of sources. 

I did use the process Ali recommended, ripping out the pages and then going back and trimming them.  Because I had a smaller space to work with, I decided to put some of my "block" graphics on the back together.  And I do plan to add to them... when I find another magazine that inspires me.  I cut two pieces of cardstock - one to 6 3/4 inches x 8 1/4 inches and the other to 6 1/4 inches x 8 1/4 inches.  That gave me room to hole punch on the bottom one and the top just flopped out.  Then, I washi taped the and the bottom side to make sure that it would open and close easily.  I titled the front of my vision board and got to placing and gluing my images.  (I used a Tombow Tape Runner.)  And this is my final project - I am pretty proud!



I want to see your vision boards - who had theirs finished?  And, I have been thinking about the daily March challenge... what can I do to really push myself?  Share your thoughts, comments, or vision boards below or on our Facebook page!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley


Comments

Popular Posts