What are your 3 favorite scrappin' tools?

I am always intrigued with all the supplies I see croppers carry in on Crop Days.   So I thought I’d ask our Design Team what they can’t live without.  Here are a few of their responses; do you have any in common?






Jesselyn Belk
“I love:  A brayer – it keeps papers flat, and seals the edges.  Trimmers with a sharp new blade - no frayed paper, just straight, smooth lines, and a gum eraser that corrects a multitude of mistakes. Why is my scrapbook room so full, these items take very little space?”

I hear you Jesselyn; some of the best tools are the smallest!

Jeannette Kraehmer
“I like using cutting tools like Kiwi Lane, a back-to-basics tool for cutting, and the Silhouette for electronic cutting.  I also like working with mixed media paints and Distress Stains.”


Jeannette has several beautiful layouts in the store using these favorites, check them out and be wowed.

Jennifer Gatewood
“My favorite 3 things go-tos are: Snap Albums: they are an easy and fast way to scrap. You can add as much or as little as you want to! My next go to item is the cup sequins from Craft Medley. I love all the color choices, and all the ways you can use them. My third obsession right now is my sewing machine...I am sewing on everything!!! On paper and the clear album pages. I love to put things in the pockets and stitch them up! I love to border my pics with the stitching.”

Check out Jenn’s albums in the store to see some great techniques, they are awesome.


**If you are a collector of the sequins like many of us, be sure to check out this Craftmates Organizer...its perfect for the sequins and stays locked so they don't spill out.  Gracie helped me organize my colors in several of the containers :)  Sara **


Lesley Miller
“My three favorite things were so hard to decide on!  My favorite basic, must-have scrap supply is Miracle Tape in 1/2 inch width.  It is perfect for sticking down paper, as well as other non-traditional materials.  I love that it doesn't need anything fancy and rips with my hands and it actually sticks!  I am never worried about anything coming unglued when I use Miracle tape.  My next favorite is a basic - Kraft paper and I never craft without it. I love using it as a neutral back ground, a photo mount, or journaling card.  Almost all of my layouts include Kraft paper somewhere.  For me, it is more visually interesting than white cardstock, but it doesn't take away from the beautiful colors of my favorite paper lines.  My third choice is an embellishment - I love wood veneers!  I love how they look modern and give texture to my layouts.  They are worth the investment for me because they are not color specific and they can be used with any paper line.”

Lesley’s layouts always tell a great story, those little touches make all the difference.

Amanda Hillard
When asked what my three most favorite or must have products are for scrapbooking, I think only 3!?!?! I have a room full of stuff how will I ever choose only 3 things. However, as I think about it, I realize I am actually a creature of habit and have 3 things that I go to especially if I need to do a quick layout or am having trouble. So, here it goes:
 
1. My silhouette cameo: I absolutely love my cameo and find that I can find shapes or backgrounds to create fantastic layouts. I can also use it to cut out titles or create one of a kind patterns to match whatever I choose. It is so versatile and has been one of the best purchases I have made.
2. Bright colored patterned papers. I tend to go for very bright colors and find that I am much better with bright colors and bold patterns rather than soft colors, solids, or pastels. If I am ever needing a burst of creativity, I will peruse my pattern paper collection and pull out whatever catches my eye. Paper definitely inspires my creativity and work.
3. Miracle Tape! This stuff is really a miracle. It will stick to anything and can be torn by hand rather than cut. I have had trouble with adhesives in the past. Many of my old layouts have pieces and parts falling off of them, but since using this stuff, I have had no problems. In fact, you have to be very careful when using it because if you accidentally put something in the wrong place, it is stuck - for good. It is perfect for paper and embellishments of any kind.
 
So, if I need to create a layout and am having trouble, I can always grab some patterned paper, my silhouette, and miracle tape and create something that will look great!

Margaret
As for me, I can’t be without glue dots, I use them on everything. I wonder if I can use them to fix a tire!  I use my Ranger Blender tool almost daily.  They were made to blend ink, but I use them with Distress Crayons, Glitter Paste and acrylic paint.   And lastly, I love my Dove blender pen.  It is refillable; I can use it with colored pencils, watercolor pencils and markers.  They are very easy to use and the results look great.    


We’d love to see what supplies you find to be essential, share your must haves with us in the comment section.

City Chick, Margaret

ps ~ click on each Design Team members name to see their work on Pinterest!

Comments

Popular Posts