Color Burst for Christmas, Birthday, and Art Class


I have been playing with the Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst. I have to say these are very very fun to use. My two youngest children have been all over this product as well. I made the two Christmas cards, and they made the 5 birthday cards at the end of the post!

20151209_132026.jpg

I embossed the snowflakes with clear and silver embossing powder onto watercolor paper. yes. you have to use watercolor paper! Then I added water with a paint brush being careful to not spread water everywhere (I wanted some of the white to stay white). I then tapped on two colors of Color Burst and let it spread. I also helped it along with the wet paint brush in some areas. After drying the paper, I dripped some water drops from a paint brush and then dabbed it with a paper towel to lift splotches of color. The tag on top was die cut and stamped then embossed.

20151209_132005.jpg

This card was made with the same steps except I sprinkled the Color Burst powder on dry watercolor paper and then heavily spritzed the entire card. This time I covered the die cut with embossing powder and put it back into the tag.


20151207_164526.jpg

We needed 5, yes 5, birthday cards over the weekend (there are a total of 9 December birthdays in my family!). I set Seth and Catherine up with embossed cards to paint for me. After the watercolor cards were dry, I went back with black Archival ink and stamped them. Most of these were going to men. I think they are interesting... not sure what my brothers and brothers-in-law thought. We named the red and green one the “ugly sweater” card, and gave it to the jokester in the family (along with wishes for a “winning the ugly sweater contest" kind of year).

What do you think? Look fun? (It is, just ask my kids!)

Dixie

here’s a couple more picture of my kids crafting with the Color Bursts

20151007_115342.jpg

20151007_112518.jpg

20151007_115734.jpg

20151007_112544.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts