Show and Tell


Wait until you see what the Design Team has created this month! This is one talented bunch of designers!


20150911_145431.jpg

Kate Russell is creating absolutely beautiful pages with Simple Stories “So Fancy” paper line and embellishments! Look at this latest layout...I love the stacked words on the bottom left corner (those are from the sticker sheet). And the stickers, chipboard stickers, paper elements, enamel dots. The paper behind the photos has gold foil dots which shine out from behind the photos...I think it helps to draw the eye into the pictures. I Love all the color Kate built into this page.


20150911_145043.jpg

The texture on this page is wonderful! Kate Russell used pieces from Echo Park “The Story of Fall” line including paper, enamel dots, and a stencil. I love the Texture Paste acorns (the color comes from Dylusions paint). Thickers and cut paper medallions finish the design. I love it, I love it, I love it!


20150911_145342.jpg

Rachelle Gianaris  used another woodgrain paper, this time from Echo Park’s “The Story of Our Family” line. (I didn’t realize there were two woodgrain papers!). This was the perfect choice for a new home layout. I love the colors on top of the wood. The banner is made from pieces out of the Ephemera pack...and it is my favorite part of this page. I love the layering of papers and stickers.


20150911_145228.jpg

Isn’t Amanda Hillard’s little “sparkler” a cutie! I love how Amanda uses different sizes of photos as part of her banner. The other banner papers come from Doodlebug Design’s “Patriotic Picnic”. Look at all the little details… Little date and word pieces, hearts and stars,  sewing, arrows and dots, washi. Just a beautiful design!


20150911_145125.jpg

Look at this paper! Rachelle Gianaris was able to use this very busy patterned paper perfectly. I struggle to put busy papers to use (I love them, but they lay around getting “pet” and never used!).This is from Echo Park’s  “Teacher’s Pet” with a little bit of their “Story of our Family” embellishments. This page really grabs your attention! I have to stop and look at it every time I pass it by!


20150911_145022.jpg

Hallie Hearnes  shows us how to use these popular Disney themed papers for all-purpose cards. Simple Stories “Say Cheese” papers make a bold and interesting card. All the texture and color comes from the paper, no extra work needed!


20150911_145010.jpg

I think this is one of my favorite cut-apart cards! It is a very well designed piece and Hallie Hearnes made all those “good bones” shine! This comes from Echo Park ,“The Story of Fall”, with a little sentiment banner cut from an Imaginisce “Give Thanks” paper. I love the extra texture Hallie gave the acorn cap. It’s beautiful Hallie!


20150911_144958.jpg

Oh, this is so my kind of card! A cut-apart, a stencil, Texture Paste, and gorgeous color. Hallie Hearnes used more Echo Park “The Story of Fall” paper and (I’m guessing) some Dylusions paint (or is it Distress Ink?). Love, love, love this!


20150911_155522.jpg

 The beautiful outside...

20150911_155537.jpg

Pop! The incredible inside of the card! Hallie Hearnes used pieces cut out from the Imaginisce “Give Thanks” papers to make this scene. There are some great papers in this line...I’m thinking my children would adore putting together a card like this! What a fabulous design! So much fun! (Not that the design is elementary...but the animals and trees and color would appeal to them...as would using scissors and glue!)


That wraps up this “Show-and-Tell”! I hope you have some great ideas!

Just a reminder...YARD SALE! Next weekend (Sept. 18-19)! I am seeing some great items come in. If you are a consignor, you can shop Thursday night. Everyone can shop Friday and then Saturday for half-price day. See you there! (It’s not too late to sign up to be a consignor!)

Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts