Learning Something New!

 Happy Friday everyone! 

We are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend at our painting class!  We have *1* seat left and you can snag it at this link right here!

I was in the store at the end of last week to do a little shopping and snap some pictures for the blog. While I was there, I couldn't help but watch Margaret use something I had never seen before!  She was sharing with me about washi sheets from 49 and Market.  At first, I thought it was a giant rub on.  (Side note - I am notoriously terrible at using Rub Ons, but Margaret told me I need to try again, that they have improved since the last time I tried them.  So, I'll report back.  I have my eyes on this set that is currently in the store!)

Margaret was using the washi sheet to decorate the outside of a journal that she had and I loved how it was more than just a one inch strip!  She was able to cut it in the shape she wanted and it made such a difference.  Plus, the washi was smooth on the journal, compared to an embellishment or piece of paper that would always have a bit of an edge.  I looked so cute and I'm so thankful she let me snap these pictures of her project in progress!  The first picture is of the washi sheets in different prints.  The second picture is the journal.  She used the washi tape as a base and was layering different ephemera pieces on top.  Thank you Margaret for sharing with me all of us!   



This is the final and completed project!  



You can find washi sheets for all of the 49 and Market lines that this link right here!  They are going to be some of your favorite, go to embellishments for sure with their versatility!  

If you didn't catch it this week, Margaret also did a live and you can catch the replay right here.  She featured the AALL and Create Christmas products!

And, don't forget that we just have 10 more days left on our September coupon -  buy 1, get one 30% collections kits.  This is a perfect way to grab some new holiday lines or stock up for a December Daily album!  

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts