Thinking outside the box!

Junk. We all have it in our house somewhere right? I recently broke one of my favorite necklaces and went to throw it out when I realized, “Hey this may be a great scrapbooking embellishment!” Sure enough it added some depth and dimension to my next layout.  Need some ideas on what to look for?

Here’s a list of some other unique items I’ve used on my pages:
Orbitz gum wrappers (I loved the circular designs on the back)
A buckle off a sweater  (zippers are great too!)
Purse rings (once a purse wears out see what you can salvage from it!)
Gelato spoons
Napkins featuring a restaurants name
Coins
Bottle Caps
A decorative car air freshener (crazy I know!)

Here are some of those examples to give you a better idea of how to use these items on a layout!

In this layout I used a necklace chain to add some detail:


Here I used a buckle that I saved off an old sweater:





See the turtle necklace chain? Yep. It’s an air freshener…totally makes the page doesn’t it?


Traveling abroad? Save some currency to include on your pages!


I challenge you to look at the “junk” around your house and see if any of it could also serve as a great embellishment! Of course we would also LOVE to see what you’ve created with your “junk” too! Post some pictures in the comments to share ☺

Happy Scrapping!
Bethany, Design Team




Comments

Popular Posts