New Design Team Members!



It is finally time to start introducing new design Team members!
A big City welcome to Margaret Carpenter, Jeanette Kraehmer, Jesselyn Belk, Jennifer Gatewood, Sharon Horsewood, Paula Sales, Lesley Miller, and Amanda Hillard!
I will let them introduce themselves:

Margaret Carpenter
Hello Everybody,
My name is Margaret (or Maggie) and I live in Lenoir City with hubby Tim and 3 very spoiled cats. I have been scrapbooking since its beginning. I scrapbook from the heart and often add quotes to each page. I could not do without my Silhouette Cameo and my latest love which are Kiwi Lane templates. I’ve always loved paper piecing and these are the best.
I am a collector of alphabets and quotes, and of course, I’m a paper hoarder who is constantly trying not to buy more paper. I keep telling myself no and buy it anyway because I know that one day I’ll use it.
Here are some of the gorgeous projects she sent in to show off her skills:

20151001_142023.jpg
20151001_142010.jpg

20151001_142041.jpg

Jeanette Kraehmer:

My name is Jeanette Kraehmer. I have 2 sons. Just recently I got married and adopted 2 more sons. My favorite hobby is scrapbooking. I love everything about it. It’s an excellent way to showcase your pictures. I love using tons of layers and lots of bling. You also get to journal about the pictures you scrap. It is my favorite way to stay sane.
Here are some of Jeanette’s projects:

20151001_142216.jpg

20151001_142200.jpg

20151001_142142.jpg

Jesselyn Belk:
Empty nest hit me right between the eyes when my only daughter, Nikki< and my only grandson, JayJ, left home! I felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest. The solution was scrapbooking. My first project was our family taking JayJ to the beach for the first time. As I worked with pictures, and very limited paper choices, the memories flooded over and all around me. I could almost hear the waves, and even the conversations. I was HOOKED!
Although I do fewer layouts these days, I do love paper crafting projects and making mini albums. My favorite things are taking and teaching classes.
When I’m not in Bambola (my scrapbook room) you will find me in Harmony (my flower garden). I love whimsy and you can see that in my home, flowerbeds and projects.
My husband James (of 47 years) supports both passions. We love to travel, spend time with family and just hang out together.
I am really excited to be on the Design Team and just hope I can keep up.

Jesselyn brought in some fun projects:

20151001_141655.jpg

20151001_141501.jpg

20151001_141627.jpg

JenniferGatewood:
Hi everyone, I'm Jennifer and I am a mother and a wife. I recently quit my full time job to be home more with my boys! I love to scrapbook and have been out of it for a few years and have jumped back in with both feet!I am so excited to be on the design team!  I also am a hair dresser at heart, it was my first love and still do a lot of hair now. I guess you could say I am kinda creative!

Jennifer brought in beautiful pages:

20151001_141913.jpg

20151001_141926.jpg

20151001_141809.jpg


Sharon Horsewood:
Having spent the last 2 1/2 years going back to college, I am super excited to have my nights free again for crafting of all sorts!  I have been scrapbooking since 1996 and don’t anticipate ever-going digital, as I love the feel of paper too much. I like to experiment with new techniques and to reproduce ideas found in the everyday on paper. I also enjoy cooking, gardening, and spending time with my husband, David, and guitar-fanatic son, Max :)

We found Sharon’s submissions at the Fair! Here are a few examples:

20151001_142509.jpg

20151001_142557.jpg

20151001_142436.jpg


Paula Sales:
This is my first time on the design team and am super excited and a little nervous at the same time!I am a member of the Tennessee Air National Guard full time and have been in the Air Force and Air National Guard for a little over 26 years.  I have been blessed to have been given such an opportunity to serve our great country.  The Air Force has sent me many wonderful places that most people are only able to dream about.  Italy, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Qatar, and even Iraq (okay, not many people dream about going there, I sure didn’t!) and many places throughout our beautiful country. I have been married for 11 years to Bo.  I have a stepson that is 27 and three precious fur babies.  Those of you that know me know I love to talk about them!  I have been scrapbooking and crafting for a very long time but just realized recently how much of a release it is for me.  I enjoy making cards and layouts and also different projects.  I also began knitting a couple of years ago.  I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone on the team creates!!

Paula brought us these beautiful projects:

20151001_143009.jpg

20151001_142934.jpg

20151001_161754.jpg


Lesley Miller:
My name is Lesley Miller and I am a recently “retired” middle school science teacher!  I now have the privilege to stay home with my son Anderson, who just turned one!  I also have a fabulous husband, Brad, and two fur babies, Attila and Gus.  I scrapbook for a creative outlet and have started working on my son’s album.  It is a hybrid album of Project Life style pocket pages, 12x12 layouts, and anything in between.  When I come to a crop, I never leave my house without a ton of kraft paper, Miracle tape, my Cameo, wood veneers, and Teresa Collins tiny letter stickers.

Leslie has one of my most favorite pictures ever! Look at this first page:

20151001_142725.jpg
(I love it!!)
20151001_142741.jpg

20151001_142841.jpg


Amanda Hillard:
Hello everyone! I am so excited to be a member of the design team here at SITC! My name is Amanda Hillard and I moved here to Knoxville, TN about 6 years ago with my husband BJ and son, Austin. I work as a Music Teacher and Librarian (the fun stuff) at First Lutheran School. When I am not teaching, I love scrapping. I have always been a scrapper in some form, but became completely addicted after the birth of my son in '99. My style is pretty simple. I love clean lines, pops of color, and lots of cut outs. Other things I love are genealogy, reading, knitting and crocheting, and traveling worldwide. I can't wait to meet all of you :)

Amanda is just too talented to let go of! And she keeps allowing us to put her fabulous pages on display! Here a few to look at:

20151001_142332.jpg

20151001_142319.jpg

Welcome! Welcome! We are excited about all the goodies you have already brought into the store to decorate and inspire!
(Lots more pictures coming!)
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts