Yard Sale Tips!

 Happy Wednesday! 

The Yard Sale is coming up fast and it is one of my favorite events of the year.  I love that my gently loved supplies are headed off to a new home... and that new paper line I have my eye on is coming home with me!  I think the most magical part of the Yard Sale is that you never know what you will find... a tool that you have been hankering after, a favorite paper line that you have always wanted to use again, anything could be there!  

If you are preparing for the Yard Sale, I have a few tips!  These have been developed over a few yard sales and have also been contributed to by other Yard Salers!  So, without further ado, the unofficial Yard Sale Help Guide...

  • Price it to go!  This is a yard sale and I am going to be real.  No one is paying $15 for a half-used paper line.  So, if you you want to leave your house, price it so it will not come back! 
  • If you keep a perpetual yard sale box (I do!), and you have an item that has been in the box for 3, 4, 5, 9, yard sales, go ahead and donate it.  If it doesn't go in a few yard sales, it probably won't sell.  Cull your stash and share with Goodwill or my favorite - Teacher Supply Depot!  
  • Having a Yard Sale Box means that throughout the year, if you stumble across something that just isn't your taste or style anymore, you can drop it in the box.  It means less sorting and decision making when it is time to pack up for the yard sale.  Plus, I know if it is in the box and I haven't looked for it in six months or a year, I definitely don't need it! 
  • Use packing tape and plastic bags!  Make sure your items are clearly labeled and priced with our tags.  I like packing tape because nothing falls out.  Grab a few class bags for paper lines.  I like using gallon or sandwich bags for embellishments.  It is inexpensive and nothing is going to explode all over a box while people are shopping.  **The store is not responsible for items that lost their tags!**
  • Follow the rules!  When you sign up to be a consignor, make sure you read all the rules and pricing guidelines.  If it is priced incorrectly or not labeled correctly, your items will not be consigned and that is a waste. 
  • Collect, collect, collect!  Go through your stash with a critical eye and set it all to the side.  Then, come back a few days later and look through it again.  My final step is bagging/pricing everything at once.  It takes a few hours, but with the company of a Netflix marathon, it isn't too bad :) 

Got any other questions? Drop them in the comments or call the store!  We are happy to answer them!  

Now, go clean out those closets!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts