Wax Seal Wednesday!

Happy Hump Day everyone! 

I hope you guys are having a great week and staying cool!  While avoiding unpacking and doing a bit of Instagram scrolling, I stumbled across a new rabbit hole this week!  I think I am going to call it Advanced Wax Seals! I think some of it is advanced and some is just a way I had never thought of using my seals before!  I can't wait to share some of my favorite finds with you guys!  

We will start it off with a simple seal, used in a new way!  I love all the wax seals on this gorgeous holiday layout!  I found if on Instagram and it was done by Amanda Komeda! 


The seals are a great way to layer and create texture and bring the whole page together!  

Then, I discovered layering clear seals on top of scrapbook paper!  I keep thinking of all the gorgeous paper that I don't have a ton of, but would love to be able to use in a meaningful way!  This (and a lot of other deep diving) came from the Instagram account bgoods.lettering!

Check out this video here of her creating these layered looks featuring patterend paper!

And, now for the advanced wax sealing crowd... this video is absolutely amazing to me!  The artist used several colors of wax and a knife to layer and scrap the wax into different channels to make the seal different colors!  I mean.... it is so pretty!  The video is available on Pinterest at this link right here:  https://pin.it/68rD3PgEE

After a bit more diving, I found a super short, 4 minute video from Doodlebug that explained how to make the layered wax seal.  The directions are great, but a lot of the process is not in screen for the video, so it's not a great visual effort!  You can catch it at the video below!


Somewhere in my researching, I learned that you can use a weeding tool (tiny little hook) to scrape out any wax that might have ended up in an area you don't want it in! It's a great way to be able to control where the color goes with a tool you already have! 

We have a TON of wax sealing goodies in the store with stamps, waxbeads, mats, and more!  You can check it all out at this link right here!

I can't wait to see what you guys create with these... maybe sending a little bit of happy mail?!?

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley





Comments

Popular Posts