Summer Craft Bucket List

 Happy Friday friends! 

I hope you all have had a great week!  As I have been unpacking my craft space, I have been feeling a lot of things.  I am overwhelmed by all the things, the boxes, and the general untidied clutter (because moving is a NIGHTMARE!) and it has really made me feel creativetly stuck.  I am also a bit amazed by all things that I have accumulated that I absolutely had to have, need, try, etc.... that never made it out of their packaging.  Thirdly, I am also amazed by how much yard sale stuff I have that really needs to be weeded out.

So, to combat the lack of creativity and the never been used goodies, I am starting my Summer Crafting Bucket List!  Once a week, I am going to draw something from a jar and work on a project.  I'll share all of them below and would love to hear what you are waiting to get started on.  I am excited to watch a YouTube tutorial and just try some techniques without having to do the mental energy of figuring out what is going on or how to do it myself.  I also have a few online classes that I purchased, but haven't done, so I am sliding those into this category too - things I don't have to think hard about, just follow along!  

It is going to be such a treat to spend an hour or so of time to just explore materials and I am excited to see how that influences my creativity overall.  Hopefully in a positive and upward trajectory!  So, here's my list...

1) Stabilo Woodies
2) Paige Evans Discover+Create class
3) Marker Swatching for several new marker sets
4) Stabilo Pen swatching
5) Alcohol marker introduction with my son
6) Calligraphy foiling class
7) Allison Davis backgrounds kit
8) Amy Tangerine class 

I know that I am going to keep adding to my list as I find new things and I am excited to just find the joy in creating to create and learning to learn again this summer!  

If you have been watching our Lives and Inky goodness over on the Facebook page, this is a great time to grab those things out and make a summer commitment to trying something new without it being great!  Another great way to get started with this is taking a class at the store that is brand new to you - watercolor, copics, creative focus.  It's a great place to start without a ton of time and provides a bit of guidance too!  

I can't wait to hear what you have on your crafting bucket list this summer!
Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts