Rockin' Summer Craft

Happy Thursday!

Can you believe that it is almost June?  I will have our monthly pre-cap tomorrow of all the classes and things happening next month!  We are especially looking forward to our Rustic Open House and seeing so many wonderful faces. 

But, before we kick that off, I wanted to share a cute craft I stumbled upon... literally, quite by accident.  I am the Crafts Coordinator for my local MOPS group and am beginning my research for next year.  We have been pondering a lot of different options, but, then, I stumbled across fancy rocks and I think this is a must do for our group!  It is super great because it is using a lot of materials we already have. Let's be real, every one has a little acrylic paint hanging around the house and a handful of rocks. 

I am particularly drawn to the dot-based rocks.  I feel like the dots are done with the back end of the paint brush and is a lot easier to control than the brush on an uneven surface.  At this moment, I do need to add that painting is NOT MY JAM.  But, the dots  make this an achievably cute craft for anyone who wants to do this - regardless of age or experience. 









I love that these simple patterns can make such a difference and again, perfect for a casual afternoon craft for anyone! 

And, because I can't help myself from finding some amazing crafts, here are some... advanced... rocks!  How perfect are these little fairy doors?  And, my son is OBSESSED with all things car, especially classics, and he has a soft spot for VW - so this last one is for him! 


What would you put on a painted rock?  If you are looking for a follow up activity, it is really fun to take these bad boys and hide them in the park for others to find!

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts