Creativity Creator!

 Howdy friends! 

I am loving all the inspiration coming in from Lawn Fawn this week! I don't know about you, but one of the most frustrating things for me is sitting down to create and getting creative block.  Sometimes it happens when I have too many ideas and I can't filter one out or sometimes I just have no ideas.  

I have one thing that almost always busts that creative block... and it is block doodling!  So, here's how you do it - I take a doodle journal and create blocks or sometimes I trace other shapes to make a handful of little shapes on the page.  Then, in each block, I create a new pattern.  I might change the pattern, change the color, change the scale of the pattern.  




I love that they don't have to look a certain way or be perfect - the idea is just to get started somewhere!  Sometimes, I like to just make a play on squares and make them all different way to color in squares or different types of lines - straight, squiggle, diagonal.  

I like to use a pencil or a monoline pen!  Stabilos and Microns are perfect for this.  This is also great for a busy couch activity when we are watching football or bake off and just a portion of my attention is needed on the screen.

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts