5 Organization Tips!

Happy Friday everyone!

I hope you all have some fabulous crafting plans for the weekend!  I am hoping for a little quiet time in my craft room and maybe clean up a little bit of my crafting mess that has gotten WAAAAY out of control! 

 A few weeks ago, I shared some craft storage tips and while perusing Pinterest I found this article from Buzzfeed with 45 tips!  I read through and found some of my favorites to share with you!  I also love that lots of these are travel friendly, since lots of us pack up our things to scrap at retreats, the store, and with friends!  

1) Tiny brads, eyelets, and more!  
Who doesn't have an extra one of these hanging around - or maybe a scheduled trip to Walgreens on the list?  What a great way to keep all those tiny things together - and easier to get into than twisting caps!  

2) Teeny tiny ribbons anyone? 
As soon as I saw this, I thought of the little 1 yard ribbon spools from American Crafts!  This trick wouldn't work well for large quantites or sizes, but is great for the mini spools.  Plus, the mini-spools are hard to pin up!
*Lesley's Note: Also, what about sequins in tictac containers?!?! Small, no spills, and easy to shake out just a bit at a time.*

3) Hello Markers!
I know I am not the only one with a large stash of markers!  This is a ceiling light tile that is a perfect place to hold each marker invidivually.  This is a link to one at Home Depot!  They come in 2'x4' lengths, but could be cut to size! 

4) Spoons are not just for snacks!
This should be filed under, why didn't I think of that!?!  Keep a spoon in your glittler/embossing powder drawer to scoop and target sprinkle the powder on your wet glue!  There is less to clean up at the end and you get better coverage.  So, grab a plastic spoon from your junk drawer and go drop it in your glitter box! 

5) When the glitter is done...
Not all of us are a fan of glitter... My issue is I feel like I can never get it all up (same with embossing powder and tiny sequins)!  But, this picture is a great way to clean it up without getting it all over yourself and spreading the mess further - modeling clay!  Using white (or any color clay), run the clay over your glittery space and it will hold on to the sparkles!

Which one of these is your favorite?  Anything going into action this weekend?!?

Now, go get crafty!
Lesley

Comments

Popular Posts